Perfect Continuous Past Tense Exercise
1. John caught the cold & flu because he . . . . (sing) in the rain too long.
2. The manager . . . . . (talk) to clients on live phone for hours so he . . . .(need) a break.
3. They . . . . . (wait) at the airport for 3 hours when the plane finally . . . . (arrive).
4. Kevin . . . . (hope) for a new bike, so he was really pleased when he . . . (get) one.
5. We . . . . .(sleep) for 15 hours when he finally . . . . (wake) us up.
6. We . . . . . (play) tennis for only a few minutes when it . . . . (start)raining.
7. How long . . . you . . . . (wait) to get on the train?
8. We (stay) . . . . . in India since 1947, you know.
9. It was a perfect time to invest in shares. Inflation . . . .(fall) for several months.
10. We . . . . (think) about buying a new bungalow in Mumbai but then we decided to stay here.
1) had been singing, 2) had been talking, needed, 3) had been waiting, arrived, 4) had been hoping, got, 5) had been sleeping,woke, 6) had been playing, started, 7) had , been waiting, 8) had been staying, 9) had been falling, stole, 10) had been thinking