English Grammar Adverbs Exercises - Set 1
An adverb modifies a verb, an adjective or another adverb, that is to say, it adds meaning to them. [Key English Grammar, Volume 1 by V. Ramsamooj Gosine]
Find the adverbs from the below sentences:
1. Peter slowly swallowed the syrup.
2. Rock looked at the Undertaker violently.
3. Jackie is walking to office leisurely.
4. Shanaya patted on the back of the puppy gently.
5. Here it is!
6. Driver rode children quickly to the school.
7. Samuel did all the sums correctly.
8. The scratch on his Jeep was clearly visible.
9. This problem is too difficult for me to solve.
10. They went over there.
1) slowly, 2) violently, 3) leisurely, 4) gently, 5) here, 6) quickly, 7) correctly, 8) clearly, 9) too, 10) over there