Subject Pronouns Exercise - 1

Subject Pronouns Exercise - 1


Subject Pronouns are of two types - Singular (like I, You, He/She/It) and Plural (like We, You, They).

Choose the correct subject pronouns:

1. (Your aunt Rita) . . . . . works for a large company in Finland.
A) It
B) She
C) I

2. (John and I) . . . . . . have a favorite restaurant in downtown.
A) You
B) They
C) We

3. Is this ice-cream for ...... or for you?
A) he
B) me
C) mine

4.(Sam's motorbike) . . . . . has a very noisy engine.
A) She
B) You
C) It

5. Did anyone see . . . . ?
A) we
B) us
C) Any one of above

6. (The green banana) . . . . will be ripe in a couple of days.
A) It
B) they
C) That

7. Michael has a dog.   . . . . is white.
A) he
B) it
C) She

8. Hi! My name is James Bond.  . . . . . am twenty nine years old.
A) You
B) us
C) I

9. (Jim, Dick, and Harry) . . . . . went biking on the long road together.
A) That
B) They
C) You

10. (Our parents) . . . . . live in a sweet home in the a village.
A) They
B) He
C) She

11. (My friend, Rick) . . . . was honoured by the president at the function.
A) She
B) He
C) Him

12. My sister and . . . went to market.
A) I
B) we
C) me

13. She took ........
A) them
B) it
C) both

14. (John and Michelle) . . . . .wore rain coats to office because of the heavy rain.
A) Them
B) he
C) They

15. My cousins are visiting us.  . . . . are very nice.
A) They
B) She
C) He

16. (The cute girl) . . . . . is the youngest student in the class.
A) he
B) she
C) we

17. My mother has a car.  ........ is a SUV.
A) he
B) they
C) it

18. (The city - Delhi) . . . . is the capital city of India.
A) he
B) that
C) it

19. Ram is from India.  . . . speaks Hindi.
A) she
B) he
C) we

20. (Your friends and I) . . . . . got to know each other at the assembly.
A) they
B) you
C) we

21. (My uncle Peter) . . . . likes to watch daily soap on television.
A) they
B) he
C) she

22. (Lion) . . . . . is the king of the jungle.
A) it
B) she
C) he

23. (Our sister susan) . . . . just graduated from college.
A) she
B) he
C) they

24. (You and I) . . . . .can carpool together to the office daily.
A) you
B) he
C) we

25. Amit is my best friend.  . . . . plays soccer very well
A) she
B) he
C) you

26. (The white laptop) . . . . . contains all the notes from computer class.
A) it
B) he
C) that

27. (Harry and Sandra) . . . . . got good pay package because of their hard work.
A) it
B) they
C) we

28. (Andy and I) . . . . . are cousins.
A) They
B) We
C) Us

29. I have many beautiful roses. My mother gave ...... to me last week.
A) it
B) her
C) them

30. Father and I are in the kitchen. I help ........ cooking.
A) him
B) his
C) he

Answers