Conjunction exercise 1

Conjunction exercise 1


Conjunction is a word that joins together sentences, phrases or words (By Brian P. Cleary). Below is a Conjunction exercise 1 focusing on Coordinating Conjunction. Examples of Coordinating Conjunction are: and, for, but, not, or, yet, so. Practice English Grammar Conjunctions with the below conjunction exercise 1.

You can also go through other Conjunction exercises: Conjunction exercise 2, Conjunction exercise 3.

1) I bought a new house . . . . a shop for my son.

A) or
B) and
C) so
D) for

2) We were going, . . . . my brother hugged me again, . . . I had to hug him back.

A) but
B) not
C) so
D) for

3) Tacos . . . . burgers are my brother's favourite snacks.

A) yet
B) so
C) and
D) for

4) Sam is poor . . . . Michael is rich.

A) yet
B) so
C) not
D) but

5) I could not attend your wedding, . . . . I was seriously ill.

A) yet
B) for
C) so
D) but

6) Jacob is my brother . . . . Tina is my sister.

A) or
B) and
C) so
D) for

7) The security man is poor . . . . he is honest.

A) or
B) for
C) so
D) but

8) Petri worked hard . . . . he failed in the examination.

A) but
B) for
C) so
D) or

9) Please stop fighting . . . . . there will be problems.

A) yet
B) for
C) so
D) or

10) We were going to, . . . the dog bit me again, . . . . I stayed home.

A) yet
B) but
C) so
D) for

11) The gold was hidden in the tunnel . . . . in the underground pond.

A) or
B) but
C) so
D) for

12) You . . . your brother are going to the market.

A) for
B) yet
C) so
D) and

Answers